Theralase Laser Therapy
Neuromuscular skeletal conditions are experienced by just about everyone at some point in their life. Strains and sprains causing pain are common occurrences throughout our lifetime and sometimes the pain in so intense that it won’t go away. Part of the reason of this is because many people “carry on” their routines as best as they can without seeking treatment and this results in pain that may not go away.
Inflammation and pain are things that many individuals tend to live with by taking medications as opposed to seeking professional treatment that can relieve pain at the root cause. There are a variety of great treatment options out there but there is a type of medical technology that is innovative because it heals injuries on a cellular level and it is safe. The Theralase line of therapeutic medical laser systems are effective with most patients with treating an injury.
Conditions That Are Treatable
There are over twenty pre-programmed clinically proven treatments that the Theralase super-pulsed laser can help with. Some treatable conditions include:
- Pain management
- Weight loss
- Healing wounds
- Addiction rehabilitation
- Herpes simplex
- Skin conditions
- Wrinkles and stretch mark
How Theralase Laser Therapy Works
Light therapy can improve circulation by increasing the formation of new capillaries. (Capillaries are the smallest of a body's blood vessels and are parts of the body’s micro-circulation.) New capillaries help to speed up the healing process by supplying extra oxygen and nutrients that are required for healing and to stimulate collagen production.
One of the secondary mechanisms of light therapy is that it can increase collagen synthesis. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair and replace tissue that has been damaged. It is the essential substance that binds cells together (in conjunction with elastin) therefore increasing elasticity. Increasing both collagen and elastin production has been proven to decrease scar tissue.
Benefits Of Theralase Laser Therapy
Proven clinical studies have found that there is an efficacy rate up to 90 percent and no side effects. This is treatment decreases or eliminates pain, reduces inflammation, promotes nerve axon growth, and so much more.
The positive biological effects are incredible. Some of these effects include:
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation – Theralase laser therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue that occurs after being scratched, cut, burned or from surgery incisions and it allows for the re-absorption of fibrotic tissue.
- Increased Circulation – This laser therapy induces (temporary) vasodilation, which increases blood flow to damaged areas and removes waste products.
- Increased Metabolic Activity – Theralase laser therapy produces higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and nutrients to nourish blood cells. There is also an enhanced production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
- Anti-Inflammatory – This laser therapy reduces swelling caused by bruising and it reduces joint inflammation therefore providing greater joint mobility.
• Rapid Cell Growth – Theralase accelerates cellular growth and reproduction.
- Stimulated Nerve Function – This therapy increases the process of nerve cell reconnection. This prevents or stimulates recovery from nerve-damaged areas.
- Fast Wound Healing – Damaged tissue is repaired quicker as this laser therapy stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis.
Whether you need help with reducing pain, pain due to arthritis or desire anti-aging treatments give Chiro-Med Rehab Centre a call. Chiro-Med Rehab Centre in Richmond Hill has a convenient location and highly qualified health professionals on staff who are fully trained in the Theralase laser treatment. Visit www.chiro-med.ca or call 905-918-0419 for more information.
For questions, guidance, or more information, call us at any time!
We accept all extended health care insurances, motor vehicle accidents and W.S.I.B.